ARB, RIBA, Design Director of Architecture, Partner
Roshan Gurung is a UK trained and registered architect and urban designer with over 20 years of experience. He has extensive retail, mixed-use and master planning experience across China, SE Asia, India, UK, Europe and the Middle East together with healthcare and education projects in the UK.
He has worked on a wide range of projects from large-scale mixed-use urban developments and town plans to civic cultural and lifestyle centers focusing on creating successful destination underpinned by commercial awareness.
Plus 8 Consulting
Retail Design Leader-Asia
Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Practice in Architecture
The University of Westminster, UK
(RIBA Part 3)
Diploma in Architecture,
The University of East, London, UK
(RIBA Part 2)
BSc (Hons) in Architecture,
The University of East London, UK
(RIBA Part 1)
MIXED USE / MASTERPLAN
– Wenzhou Lucheng Incity Concept Design, Wenzhou,
– Kuala Lumpur Raja Chulan, Residential Complex, KL,
-Star City Retail Development, Facade
-Zeke Habour City International Zone 2 Plot 34,
Chongqing, China(3.6 ha)
- Longhua CBD Masterplan, Shenzhen, China (37.5ha) , office, residential, hotel, serviced apartments, shopping mall, retail street and public amenities
- Chongqing IFC, Jiangbei City, Chongqing, China - comprises an iconic 300 m tower offering up-market retail, grade A offices and a 5-star hotel with GFA of 446,000 m2
- TAED (Tanjung Aru Eco Development), Sabah, Malaysia - 300 ha integrated resort development masterplan next to Kota Kinabalu International Airport
- Kenny Heights Mixeduse Development, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - office, apartments and retail
- Pacific Mall, Delhi, India- a 5.5-story retail mall offer over 168,000 m2 with shops, F&B outlets, a roof deck garden spa and pool facilities, 6 cinemas and open space
- Jamshedpur Mall, India- the largest retail and mixed-use complex offer over 46,400
m2 retail, 9,200 m2 hotel and 9,200 m2 office space
- Jodhpur Mall & Hotel, India- 61,000 m2 development offer a 3-story retail mall
with a multiplex cinema and F&B facilities and directly linked to a 5-star, 135 keys hotel with banquet facilities
- DIAL Aerocity, Delhi, India- a 7-story retail mall offer over 99,900 m2 shopping area as a part of DIAL Airport Masterplan, approx. 230 acres
- Forum Mall, Kolkata, India 9-storey retail mall offer over 88,000 m2 retail area with outdoor & indoor F&B/ fine dining, leisure and recreational, entertainment facilities
- Segrate Retail Centre, Bergamo, Italy- an out of town retail development offer more than 150,000 m2 retail, leisure, entertainment including outdoor water
- ASDA StoreKings Hill, UK - a 3,250 m2 store on a green field site in Ken
EDUCATION / SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute,
University of Cambridge, UK, a collaborative project with Imperial Cancer Research UK, this new Cancer Research Centre close to Addenbrookes Hospital
will provide research labs, biological services, lecture theatre, conference hall
and other ancillary facilities. Lead a team producing tender information of all internal packages on a two-stage tender.
- Learning Resources Centre / Library refurbishment and conversion of a Grade-II-listed building, University of East London, UK
- Science Centre & Incubator Unit, National Botanic Garden of Wales, UK, the Centre will carry out flora research in modern
laboratories and provide incubator units to support biotechnology start-ups in the early years of development.
- J Sainsbury’s & South Thames College, London, UK, mixed-use re-development on
a tight urban site in south London comprises of 35,000 sq ft Sainsbury’s store on the ground floor with South Thames College on 2 floors above.
HOTEL / HOSPITALITY
- Al Raha Beach Mixeduse development, Abu Dhabi, UAE - an extensive waterfront development across major waterway
to the Al Habel Al Abyad Island, comprises of retail, residential, commercial, leisure, entertainment and sport facilities (1,680 ha)
- Hoi An South Integrated Resort, Danang, Vietnam (48 ha) – resort comprising of 3 hotels, apartments, villas and casino
- Traders Hotel, Xian, China - 4-star hotel with 650 keys, total GFA 89,240 m2 (Design competition)
- Great Ormond StreetChildren Hospital, London, UK, demolition of an existing2 story corner block replaced by a new mixed clinical facilities building comprising of operating theatres, inpatients, outpatients, orthopedic ward and teaching facilities split over 6 levels with rooftop play area.
- Colchester General Hospital, Essex, UK, Private finance initiative (PFI) project to centralize acute treatment services in Essex County.